Wednesday, August 17, 2011

When I Grow Up I Want To Be . . . Kenny Chesney

As children, we all had many aspirations for our future careers, some realistic, others, not so much.  (My younger sister once told my mother that when she grew up she wanted to be a nurse or a horse!)  We all have stories and memories of those once upon a time ambitions that were never meant to be.  And if we don't remember, well, that's one of the reasons we have mothers!  

I feel that I would be considered a horrible mother if I didn't document my son's future aspirations and career dreams.  And of course, my blog would be the most appropriate place to do that!

First, a little back story.  We have been taking Liam to concerts since he was nine months old.  He's seen Sara Evans, Jake Owen, Kenny Chesney, Lady Antebellum as well as coming to this year's CMA Music Fest in Nashville with us.  He's always loved music and has been asking for a guitar since we were in Nashville.  This past Thursday, we saw Kenny Chesney at Capital Hoedown.

Friday, on the way home from work and daycare, "Summertime" by Kenny Chesney came on the radio.  Liam immediately started to dance and this conversation followed.

Liam: (Pointing excitedly to the radio) "That guy, that guy!  That guy from the concert.  The guy with the hat!"

Me: "Yes, that's Kenny Chesney, the guy from the concert."

Liam: "Miam be like that guy someday.  Me want to play guitar and dance at concerts and sing like that guy."

Me: "You want to be like Kenny Chesney and have concerts when you grow up?"

Liam: "Yep and wear a hat like that guy, at a concert."

So, there you have it, my boy wants to grow up to be Kenny Chesney.  I think the first song he needs to learn to sing is "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy".

Do you think it is too soon to quit our jobs and move to Nashville??

(Side Note: By Monday, he was referring to him by name and asking to see the Kenny Chesney movie on TV!)


No comments:

Post a Comment