Monday, April 5, 2010

Easter Weekend


A four day weekend . . . 
Beautiful weather . . . 
Two family dinners . . . 
A to do list a mile long . . . 
The first family gathering without Grandpa . . .
Time to relax . . . 
Quality time with Henry and Liam . . . 
April 5th, should have been Grandpa's 77th birthday . . . 
Yard work . . . 
Baking cinnamon buns . . . 

These were the thoughts going through my head as we approached this Easter weekend.  I didn't know if I would get any time to rest and relax because we had so much stuff that we wanted to get done.  I was looking forward to getting some yard work done and spending some time outside in the unseasonably warm weather that was predicted for the weekend, but at the same time I just wanted to veg in my jammies for four days!  In the end, it was the to do list that won out.  But I must say that I am very pleased with everything we got accomplished.  

We had dinner at Henry's aunt and uncle's place on Saturday, something that we don't do often enough, as they only live five minutes away and they hadn't seen Liam in a very long time.  It was nice to visit, drink wine and have dinner cooked by someone else!  And Liam was excited with the presents he got . . . a couple of cute summer outfits from Grandma and his Aunties, he didn't care much about the clothes, however, the fire truck Easter basket was a hit!  And he loved the sand toys that he got from Uncle Richard and Aunt Diane . . . now he just needs a sand box!  That will be a fun project for Daddy!


Sunday, we made the trip to visit my family.  As always, everyone was thrilled to see Liam.  And he was  his usual happy, social self, visiting with everyone!  And of course, he was spoiled with Easter presents from Grandma L and Grandpa J (my parents) . . . a tiger flash light that growls when it is turned on, a stuffed sheep and a book.  And a giant stuffed bunny from Nana.  And a belated birthday present from Aunty Teanna, Uncle Aaron and Drake and Denver.   Easter with my family was a little sad for me, as it was the first holiday since we lost my Grandpa.  It was nice to see everyone, but I couldn't help but feel like something was missing and that these events will never quite be the same.  But I know that we will move on and continue to have many fun filled family gatherings.  


Today we worked hard to get a lot of stuff done in the yard and we had some fun play time with Liam outside.  All in all, it was a fun and productive weekend.  However, I think it will be to bed early for me tonight because back to work after a four day weekend is never easy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment