Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Week After a Long Weekend . . .

It never ceases to amaze me how young children, especially toddlers, thrive on routine.  Any change, no matter how big or how small can cause a MAJOR disruption in life as you know it.  A four day weekend is a HUGE change in the life of a toddler.  Four days away from daycare is like an eternity for them.  At least it must be, because when they came back from the Easter long weekend it seems as though they have forgotten all the rules and expectations of the daycare.  I think that it is worse than the full moon effect!

They run and scream . . .
They hit, scratch and bite. . .
They push and shove . . .

They have forgotten how to sit on their chairs at the table . . .
They have forgotten that they are supposed to pee in the toilet, not their pants . . .
They have forgotten that they need to take turns and share . . .

It is a good thing they are cute little darlings, because sometimes that's all that gets me through the day!!!!!


***  I really do love my job!  I really do love toddlers!  But somedays . . . let's just leave it at that!!

No comments:

Post a Comment