Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cleaning and Organizing


My house is a mess.  There are piles of stuff everywhere.  And as much as I try to deny it when Henry complains, much of it is mine.  It is time to do something about it.  It is time to get organized.  It is time to get rid of the stuff we don't need or use.  And once it is cleaned and organized, I need to figure out how to keep it that way.

Last night I spent an hour trying to clean off my desk.
I found an entire box of paper items to recycle that were just taking up space and collecting dust.  (Seriously, I think my current city councillor has killed an entire forest of trees with all the fliers and crap he has sent out.  It is utterly ridiculous!  Sending me the same information twenty times isn't going to make me more likely to vote for you!)  
Although it isn't prefect, it is much better than it was!  Tonight, I will tackle the file holder on top of the desk and the bulletin board on the wall.  Hopefully I will soon have time to tackle the drawers and the two shelves on either side of it.  

I want to be able to write more.  But I need a useable work space and my desk was anything but useable!

I want to be able to get back into scrap booking and card making this winter.  But I need to sort and organize my supplies, which are stored in the same disastrous room as my desk.



I have been saying for days, weeks, even months that I am going to get this room cleaned up and organized.  And it just hasn't happened.  I thought that blogging about it might give me the motivation needed to actually do something about it.

I know that I am not going to get it done tonight or even this weekend, it is going to take time to get everything sorted and organized.  (There are two large book shelves, two trunks and a whole bunch of other crap in the room as well!)  But I know that if I really try, I can do this.  I just cleaned and reorganized Liam's room after we painted it and it looks so much better.  I want need to do the same with the rest of my house.  So, I will start with this "back room" and hopefully work my way through the entire house over then next little while.  If we're not going to use it, it's GONE!

Please wish me luck!  Send me encouragement (wine and chocolate work well!) and don't laugh at me too much as I complain my way through this larger than life task!  And if I do go completely crazy in the process, please do visit me in the insane asylum.  (Really, I know that sooner or later someone will reopen an insane asylum.  Probably specifically for me!

What else are they going to do with me when this life drives me stark raving mad?  I know counseling won't be enough.  A regular hospital psychiatric ward might be fine for a short time, but when I go insane, I plan to be completely, fucking nuts, you know to the point where I am too crazy to know that I am insane but still sane enough to know that I'm not normal.  Although, maybe I am already there, because I am pretty sure that makes absolutely no sense.  

And I think that this post as digressed to the point where I am wasting both my time and yours!  

Hi-ho, hi-ho, it's off to clean and organize I go . . . hopefully I will survive the massive amounts of stuff and dust!





3 comments:

  1. I know how you feel! Good luck and stop by my blog I gave you an award!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i followed you. i don't see a lot of working moms here in the blogosphere. and i like this kind of posts, so human hehe. our clothes can pile so easily and our apartment can be a mess just seconds after i clean. oh, i see your son was born on Christmas day, how special. My daughter was born on New Year's day just before 1 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the comments!! I don't try to be anything other than "human" here!! I just write about the things I like, the things I dislike, the things that make me happy, the things that make me angry and everything in between . . .

    ReplyDelete