Monday, December 19, 2011

Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer

For the past month or so, Liam has been obsessed with Christmas.  He is constantly talking about decorations, Santa and presents.  We've been doing everything we can to satisfy his need for all things Christmas.  We've been to see Santa, we've written to Santa, we've been to Christmas parties where he got a gift from Santa, we've done Christmas baking, we've decorated and we've watched Christmas specials on TV.

Over the past week, since first watching Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer on TV, Rudolph has been at the forefront of his obsession.  He sings Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer at every opportunity, from the time he gets up in the morning to the time he goes to bed at night.  (I think he's even fallen asleep singing it a couple of times.  He is singing it in his bed as I type!)



On the weekend, he announced, "Mommy, I want to be Rudolph for Christmas."

When his Daddy told him to get a tissue because he had a runny nose, Liam replied, "I don't want a runny nose.  I want a red shiny nose."

And on the way to work and daycare this morning, he sang Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer to me and then said, "When I grow up, I want to be Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer."

I think a trip to the dollar store for some reindeer antlers is in order!

1 comment: