Monday, February 1, 2010

Manic Monday Music Moment #2

Lady Antebellum released a new album, "Need You Now" this past week.  Although I haven't had a chance to listen to the whole album yet, I absolutely love the single, "Need You Now".  Not sure what it is about this song that gets me, but it gets me every time I hear it.



Picture perfect memories, scattered all around the floor..
Reaching for the phone, cause i cant fight it anymore..

Ad i wonder if I ever cross your mind, for me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one and I'm all alone and i need you now,
Said i wouldn't call but i lost all control and i need you now ,
And i don't know how, i can do without, i just need you now

Another shot of whiskey, can't stop looking at the door, wishing you'd come sweeping in the way you did before,

and i wonder if I ever crossed your mind,
For me it happens all the time

It's a quarter after one and i'm a little drunk and i need you now,
Said i wouldn't call but I lost all control and i need you now,
And i don't know how i can do without, i just need you now,

Woh ooo woh

Yes i would rather hurt then feel nothing at all,

it's a quarter after one, im alone and i need you now,

and i said i wouldn't call but I'm a little drunk and i need you now
And i don't know how i can do without, i just need you now,

I just need you now........
Oh baby i need you now......



This single aside, I really do enjoy Lady A's music and I have since the first time I heard them, which was at the CMA Music Festival in Nashville in 2007.  They played the Riverfront Stage.  Nobody, and I mean NOBODY knew who they were.  I remember the murmurs that went through the crowd . . . "Who are they?"  "Lady what?"  "Have you ever  heard of them?"  And then they started to play the song that would become their first single, Love Don't Live Here Anymore.  I think that there were a lot of people, like me who were instantly hooked on their unique sound.  


What really amazes me about Lady A, is how quickly they went from nobody's to the talk of the industry.  Just one year later at the 2008 CMA Music Fest, I was again able to see them play.  But this time, they were on the big stage at LP field and EVERBODY knew who they were.  The crowd broke out in cheers and applause when they took the stage and sang along instead of the whispers and question of the year before.
                                   


And last night, they won the Grammy for Best Country Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocals for "I Run To You."



Way to go Lady A!!  Can't wait to see what's in store for you in the future has in store for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment