Sunday, February 28, 2010

Multi-tasking or Procrastinating????

So, I had, like 5 million things on my to do list this weekend, now, I did manage to get a few things done, I would estimate that I now have about 4,999,987 things on my list.  But hey, that's better than having 5,000, 027!  Anyway, while I was busily trying to watch the munchkin and do some of the many things on my list, I found myself constantly being pulled, as if by some kind of force, maybe magnetic, to my laptop to check in on my favorite things - Facebook, Twitter, and of course, the many blogs that I follow.

This got me to thinking, aside from the fact that there is some kind of force pulling to these things, and resisting the force might just cause the world to end, it might not, I'm just saying it is one of those things that I just can't risk, I mean, seriously, what if I didn't get on Facebook and check my friends status updates and the world did end, I would have to spend the rest of my life feeling guilty that I cause the world to end.  Would you take that risk?  I don't think so!  Anyway, as I was saying, assuming that there is nothing forcing me to check Facebook 17 time per hour, why do I do it??  Is it procrastination, just a tactic to keep me away from the millions of items on my to do list?  Or am I just and incredible multi-tasker?

I can watch the munchkin, check Facebook, Twitter and a few blogs, unload the dishwasher, file months worth of old bills and fold laundry all at the same time.  I think that makes me the world's best Multi-Tasker . . . I would win gold if they had an olympic multi-tasking competition.  Never mind that the munchkin was in his exercauser and couldn't go anywhere or get into trouble, the dishwasher was open and half unloaded as I played Farmville on Facebook, blogs are still unread, laundry still isn't put away and there is still a pile of old bills on my desk.  You don't really have to finish all of the tasks for it to be considered multi-tasking, do you?  The dishwasher eventually got unloaded.  And I let the munchkin out of the exercauser to play a little later on . . .  doesn't that count for something?

I will never admit that I am procrastinating . . . I am a world class multitasker.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment