Sunday, December 6, 2009

Yikes!!!

Only 19 days until Christmas and Liam's birthday . . . how the heck did that happen??? What happened to November? Where did the first week of December go? Did I sleep through it all? Because it seems like I missed at least a month!

I won't lie to you, thinking about my to do list for the next 19 days has scared me! I am only half done my shopping, Christmas cards aren't written yet, I haven't started wrapping, baking or decorating and Christmas dinner is something that I know has to happen, but that's as far as I've gotten with planning that! The house is a disaster . . . I think that the dust bunnies are going to take over soon . . . and I have no motivation to do anything!

Here's to hoping that Rhonda (my boss) can pull through and find a supply teacher for a couple of days so that I can use my last two vacation days for the year to get my butt in gear and get ready for Christmas. If I get two days off (or even just one) and Daddy takes Liam to daycare for the day, I might actually get things accomplished! Because, well, Liam just doesn't help anywhere near as much as he thinks that he does!

And aside from a birthday cake to go with Christmas dinner, I'm not even thinking about Liam's birthday until January. Right now, he is too young to understand any of this craziness we call Christmas and Birthday, so it can wait until we aren't so busy for a party. We haven't decided on a date yet, but it will be towards the end of January. I know that as he gets older and understands more, we will have to have some birthday presents on his actual birthday, but for now, I am going to enjoy the fact that I can put at least one thing off for a few more weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment