Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Spring Forward . . .



Spring forward?  As much as I love the longer days, I hate what it does to my mind.  My sleeping is messed up - it feels too early to go to bed when  I know that it is late enough that I NEED to sleep, it is dark in the morning and seems way to early to have to get up and get ready for work.  And the kids at the daycare have been acting as tired and cranky as I feel, so I can only assume that they are feeling the same way.  So I must ask, is it really worth it?  Why do we put ourselves through this twice a year?  Why can't we just pick one or the other (standard time or daylight savings time) and stick with it all the time?  If it were up to me, we would stick with DST all year long, I like the longer days.  In summer, the more daylight to do stuff outside, the better.  And anything to get more daylight in the winter is a good thing!  But nobody ever asks my opinion about these things.  I don't know why, someone really should know to ask me what I think and then change the way the world works accordingly.  However, until the powers that be figure that out, I will just have to complain about things like this and you will all just have to read about!

No comments:

Post a Comment