Monday, November 5, 2012

Procrastination Is My Middle Name

Procrastination is my middle name and it is way past time to change that.  

At home it is five minutes at my computer before I do <insert task, chore, anything that needs to be done here> and next thing I know it is 10:00pm and I should be in bed. But I have successfully avoid the task that I was supposed to do.  Damn it, I'll do it tomorrow ... after I check my e-mail, facebook and twitter and I should probably check here for comments (even though I get e-mail notifications) and something interesting may have happened on twitter or facebook while I was doing that.

At work it is a quick break from whatever task is melting my brain to organize a pile of papers into proper files and next thing I know the office looks like something has exploded in it because I have decided to organize while taking a break from the brain melting task.  Organizing which no doubt involves making piles of things that I don't want to deal with at the moment and will procrastinate finishing until some day when I am procrastinating doing something else.  

(Right about now, I hope my boss doesn't read my blog!  Although, if you are reading, I assure you that all the really important, time sensitive stuff gets done on time.  Usually, I think!)

So, please people, I need some suggestions, what is a better middle name for me to adopt?  Procrastination just isn't working for me anymore.  It is bad enough that I procrastinate when it comes to things that I don't like doing or that cause my brain to melt, but when it comes to doing things that I like, that's a sign that it is getting a little out of hand.

I should go start making Christmas cards . . . but I think I will go get a drink first and then check Facebook and Twitter.  By then it will be too late to be bothered starting.  Maybe tomorrow would be a good time to start.  Or next week?  I still have a month before they have to be in the mail . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment