Monday, May 24, 2010

The End of an Era


The LOST era.  Yes, I will admit, I have, for the past six years been completely and hopelessly addicted to ABC's Lost.  I was hooked from the very first episode when Oceanic 815 first hit "The Island" and I waited anxiously from week to week for the next installment.

Now that it is all over, I don't know if I should be disappointed or relieved.  Lost was the one and only show that I watched faithfully.  And I will miss it every Tuesday night.  But at the same time there is some relief that there won't be anymore hours spent waiting for answers and only getting more questions.  

As much as I loved the show, it has been one of the most frustrating and irritating shows to watch.  Every time they answered a question, they left you with ten more.  Every time you decided to like a character, they threw a curve ball at you, causing you to despise the same person.

But the unpredictability was part of what drew me to the show and kept me watching.  So many shows these days are the same thing week after week.  With Lost, you never knew what to expect.  Each episode focused on a different person or story line.  And if you didn't pay attention, you were more Lost than Jake, Kate and Sawyer.

Although I found the ending to be somewhat anticlimactic and there are still countless questions that could have been answered, I have enjoyed every minute of my Lost time.  I do think that Jacob should have been there with everyone else at the end, to lead them on, because he is the one who brought them all together in the first place, but that's just my opinion!  I look forward to season 6 being released on DVD so that I can watch the whole series from start to finish because there are probably some answers hidden away in the details that I missed.  Until then, I have a little bit more free time on my hands!

No comments:

Post a Comment