Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Chaos!!!

After my week off, I returned to work on Tuesday to complete and utter chaos!  And I really wasn't ready for it!  Now, before anyone misinterprets what I am saying, it isn't like the place when to hell without me or anything, it is just a case of bad timing!

September is always a BUSY time for us.  Lots of kids moving from the toddler program to the preschool program, which in turn means new toddlers!  Some of them are from the infant program and some of them are new to the daycare but in my years of doing this job, I have found that it doesn't matter where they are coming from, it can be a very difficult transition.  We have had so many kids come into the toddler program since July, I have completely lost count!  All of the kids that were in my group in June are gone and I have five completely different kids!

Some of the new ones are really not enjoying daycare right now, so there is a lot of crying.  They don't know the routines, so it takes longer and a lot more effort to get anything accomplished.  And to top it all off, we have a new ECE teacher.  Don't get me wrong, I really like her (and I helped hire her!) and she is really good, but she is new!  And it takes even the best new staff time to get accustomed to a new job!

I know that in a week or two, things will be back to normal and this will become a distant memory.  But right now, there is absolutely now way to describe it but pure and utter chaos!  Which leads to pure and utter exhaustion on my part . . . 

Next week is Brownie registration and meetings start the following week . . . time to get organized!

Oh, and my brother is getting married this weekend, and I volunteered to do a bunch of baking which I haven't started yet (yes, I know that it is Wednesday!)  Did I mention CHAOS??

So, my poor blog has been neglected this week.  And probably will be for the rest of the week.  But don't worry, there will be a vacation post with pictures from our trip to Syracuse to the New York State Fair.  And a wedding post and who know what else!  As long as I survive the chaos!


No comments:

Post a Comment