Monday, July 12, 2010

Part Boy, Part Monkey, or Maybe Part Mountain Goat

I predicting many trips to CHEO for x-rays and stitches for this child of mine!  We've hit the climbing stage like you would not believe!  And he LOVES it!  


He climbs on the couch . . . 

He climbs onto rubbermaid tubs . . . 


He stands on the footstool . . . 


He even turns the metal dog food dishes upside down and tries to stand on them - one foot on each dish, just to make it more challenging.  It doesn't matter is something is two inches high or two feet high, he will try to climb it!

His latest game involves putting his foam chair on the couch . . . 


Climbing onto the couch . . . 


Then climbing into the chair . . . 


He sometimes sits quietly on the chair for about 10 seconds . . . 


Before he slides off it onto the floor like a slide . . . 


Sometimes he reaches for Daddy's help . . . 


But mostly he just does it on his own . . . 



Life as we knew it has ceased to exist!  I am now constantly looking at everything in every room to see if there is any way that Liam will be able to climb on it!  I am dreading the day he realizes that he can climb trees!  

What happened to the little baby who didn't move when I put him on a blanket on the floor?  Oh yeah, he grew into a toddler who doesn't sit still EVER!!!

Maybe it's just a climbing phase that he will grow out of . . . I can hope, can't I??

2 comments:

  1. Love your posts! I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter, so I understand the toddler mayhem at home. Liam is cute!

    I, too, work full time outside the home and understand the necessity of it. I'd love to be home full time. Check out my blog at

    www.mymomcareer2.blogspot.com

    Make it a great day!

    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Katie, I will check out your blog!

    ReplyDelete