Thursday, June 3, 2010

Potty Training Hell - Part 2

For those of you who have been following my blog for a little while know that my days aren't spent in an office or at a desk, but that when I go to work, I am suddenly thrust into Potty Training Hell.  Well, I figured that it was about time to share an update on our progress . . . or lack there of.

First off - the parents . . . why is it that so many of them expect me to do all the work to potty train their child while they do NOTHING at home?  Potty training is all about consistency people!  Bouncing back and forth between diapers and underwear is confusing and counter productive.  

And at the very least, you would think that they could bring extra clothes for their child.  Seriously, how am I supposed to potty train a child without underwear and extra clothing?  And not only do they not bring extra clothes, but they complain when I put daycare clothing on their child.  Come on people, don't you DARE complain that your child is wearing daycare clothing when you can't be bothered to bring clothing for them.  It's not my fault that you don't bring what we ask for or that you don't have enough common sense to figure out that the clothes that go home dirty need to be replaced.

As for the actual potty training, my boys are still struggling with the process.  "H" wears underwear all day (including sleep) and mostly stays dry.  You would think that would be a good thing, and it is, BUT he hardly ever pees on the toilet/potty.  I don't know if he is just holding it or if he just doesn't pee much. Either way, he is the oldest child in the program and he's going to preschool in a month, so as much as I will miss him, I won't have to worry about him and the potty any more.

"J" is doing better - he's been peeing on the potty more often and in his pants less often, although he did poop in his pants today . . . poop in underwear is no fun at all, especially at snack time!  Kids have the best timing!  We still have a long way to go but there is a dim light at the end of the tunnel for "J".  I expect him to go to preschool completely toilet trained in September.

And then there is "K".  I think he is a lost cause!  There is nothing going on except sitting on an empty potty playing with himself and a whole lot of peeing in his pants.  I am still hoping to have success before he goes to preschool in the fall, but I am very doubtful.  I haven't given up yet!

So, that is my life at work, well, one aspect of it.  There are lots of other parts, some very enjoyable and much easier to deal with, others almost as aggravating and difficult!



1 comment:

  1. I feel for you. My son is pretty much potty trained, but there are days (often) that he poops in his underwear. I 100% agree that everyone has to be on the same page - I actually took a couple of days off so I could do it 4 days in a row before I took him to his in home daycare. He's the youngest there (almost 3) and it worked - that and the underwear. After that weekend he has never worn a diaper - only pull-ups when he sleeps and he's only actually peed in a pull-up once. It's been about a month now!

    Good luck and God bless you for doing the potty thing with 3!

    ReplyDelete